Laser hair therapy
*Photos of our Transitions members’ & Nu Hair of Texas clients results of MEp90 laser hair regrowth results.
Laser hair treatment for hair Loss Dallas, TX
The therapist turns on the switch, moves the device above the head, and lightly makes adjustments to place the patient’s head in the correct position and then leaves the room for twenty minutes. The procedure is repeated twice weekly for the entire six months. After several weeks of such sessions, the patient reports that the hair fall has diminished and notices new growth density. Laser light therapy requires three months or more to start to see results. Results will be more dramatic and noticeable once you’ve finished all of your treatments. How could anything so simple do so much?
What is Low-Level Laser Light Therapy (LLLT)?
Laser therapies are medical treatments that use cold red light that penetrates the hair follicle to treat hair loss resulting from alopecia or aging. A photo-biochemical chain reaction triggers therapeutic results when low-level laser light enters the cellular hair structure. Laser hair therapy can be used in both men and women.
Nu Hair Of TeXAS
Laser Treatments for Hair Loss
FDA Approved Laser
Medical laser treatment in Dallas, TX
In-office MEp90 laser treatments
The therapist turns on the switch, moves the device above the head, lightly makes adjustments to place the patient’s head in the correct position, and then leaves the room for twenty minutes. The procedure is repeated twice weekly for the entire six months. After several weeks of such sessions, the patient reports that the hair fall has diminished and notices new growth density. Laser light therapy requires three months or more to start to see results. Results will be more dramatic and noticeable once you’ve finished all of your treatments. How could anything so simple do so much?
Laser Treatment For Hair Loss
Benefits of laser light therapy for hair loss
- Stimulate metabolic processes in hair roots that help your natural hair regrowth.
- Repairs damaged hair shafts, increasing hair volume.
- Reduces excess levels of DHT hormones that contribute to genetic thinning, which helps stop hair loss
- The laser lights alleviate scalp irritations, such as dryness or itchiness.
- There were no adverse effects in any of the studies.
- Indeed, hair transplant doctors use medical laser devices for postoperative wound healing and to expedite hair growth.
- Laser treatments also reduce scar formation and control pain through increased endorphin release.
- Doctors may combine soft laser technology with Propecia or Minoxidil. The results are often quite useful when the two therapies are combined.
- Medicine extended cold laser into rheumatology, sports medicine, dentistry, dermatology, etc.
laser hair therapy is effective
Does laser therapy help with hair loss?
- According to a 2014 study, “Low-Level Laser (Light) Therapy (LLLT) for Treatment of Hair Loss,” laser therapy is safe and effective for hair growth in both men and women. Resource: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3944668/
- 2013, “The growth of human scalp hair mediated by visible red light laser and LED sources in males,” research of 41 males ages 18 to 48 found that 39 percent increase in hair growth over 16 weeks using laser hair treatment. Resource: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24078483/
- Cold laser light releases endorphins, reducing inflammation and promoting new, healthy tissue growth.
- Treatment requires 2 to 3 sessions a week for several months. Although the number of sessions might taper off, most providers suggest that you may continue treatments for the rest of your life.
Not all low-level lasers have the same effect
Best laser hair growth device
A variety of methods are used to administer laser therapy, LLLT. MEp90 laser was the first medically approved device as a hair restoration treatment for women’s and men’s hair loss. FDA authorized the MEp90 laser as a medical device for hair regrowth to treat pattern hair loss and thinning hair(Androgenetic Alopecia). The MEp90 has diodes that emit cold red light (wavelength 630-670 nanometers). MEp90 therapy is administered in an in-office setting via hoods overhead twice a week for 20-minute sessions.
MEp90 laser Results
MEp90 laser therapy clinical data of hair growth
MEp90 laser clinical studies showed measurable new hair growth. Under an FDA-controlled study using the MEp90 laser treatment, each subject received a total of 36 20-minute treatments over 18 wks.
Results show the followings:
- After 20 treatments (10 weeks), 92% of subjects had increased hair counts of >+10% , within 57% increase of >+30%
- 98% of subjects indicated a significant stabilization of the rate of hair loss
- After 36 treatments, 97% of subjects had an increased hair count of >+ 20%
- A total of 89% of all demonstrated an elevated hair count of >+30%, within 57% indicated an elevated hair count of >+50%.
- Read more on phase 3 after 52 weeks data at “MEp90 hair growth”, www.access data.fda.gov. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf9/K091496.pdf
Laser hair regrowth treatment cost
What is the cost of laser hair growth treatment? You can expect to pay approximately $57 per session for laser hair regrowth treatment for in-office treatments. The MEp90 medical laser therapy treatments cost a 6-month laser hair regrowth plan around $2,800. For one year, the plan cost runs between $3,900 to $5,200. The laser treatment plan costs depend on the number of treatments, additional care products like Finasteride and Minoxidil, and how many diodes are in the laser cap. In-home use laser caps vary significantly from $600 to $4000.
Laser light therapy for hair loss review
“The laser treatments “seem to take dormant follicles or on their way to dying out and wakes them up,” says Barry DiBernardo, a plastic surgeon and laser hair treatment expert in Montclair, New Jersey. “About one-third of patients are saying that they’re having less hair loss, increased density, and increased hair growth,” said plastic surgeon Dr. Steven Dayan according to the CHICAGO (CBS) interview with Dr. Steven Dayan. Note that laser treatment for hair loss has no bad side effects.
Laser treatment for hair loss side effects
Is laser therapy for hair loss safe? Negative results of laser therapy. According to Nu Hair of Texas, a Dallas hair treatment expert, today, hair restoration clinics worldwide are employing laser therapy as an essential tool to stop the progression of baldness and stimulate regrowth.
- There are no side effects
- Perfectly safe
- It’s noninvasive & with no pain
- It’s time-consuming.
- Treatment requires 2 to 3 sessions a week for several months.
- Laser hair therapy is less effective for people in the advanced stages of hair loss than for those in the early stages.
- Laser treatments may interact with photosensitizing drugs, which increases sensitivity to light.
The inventor of laser therapy
Professor Andre Mester from Budapest, Hungary, discovered the healing effects of LLL of the potential for stimulating hair growth. In 1964, Professor Mester performed wound healing treatments on mice using a low reactive laser. He observed that the laser light stimulates the microcirculation of blood supplies resulting in tissue regeneration. And that the body hair located in the treatment area grew thicker and longer than the surrounding area.
Is laser hair therapy treatment for you?
As with any medical condition, check with your doctor for possible reasons for your hair loss. Note that no amount of laser light will revive the root back to life once the roots die. Successful healthy regrowth of hair depends on the number of cells that are merely dormant versus those that have lost the ability to regrow hair.
Our Texas hair restoration specialists in Dallas evaluate and design the best hair restoration for your needs. We are committed to helping you regain fuller, natural appearing hair and live carefree with confidence. After all, your hair should inspire a look of healthy living. It’s who you are and a reflection of your lifestyle.
Call 972 490 7766. By Appointment Only.