*Photos are our Transitions members’ & Nu Hair of Texas clients results with hair replacement, wigs, hair extensions, or laser hair results.
Female Hair Loss Causes
The telogen effluvium stage is when a large percentage of scalp hair is in the “shedding” phase. Women’s hair loss causes are similar to men’s causes. However, genetics plays a more significant role in hair loss in men. In women, stress, autoimmune, and chemical damage are the primary causes of hair fall.
Common causes of hair thinning in women
- Androgenetic Alopecia, female pattern baldness, genetics
- Hormonal change
- Thyroid gland abnormalities
- Damaging hair care such as bad hairstyling & over-processed hair
- Severe illness or major surgery
- Anagen effluvium is nonscarring alopecia commonly associated with chemotherapy and radiation.
- Immune problem i.e., Alopecia Areata, Lupus
- Tinea Capitis – fungal infection called scalp ringworm
- Stress-related hair loss, i.e., Trichotillomania
- Fast weight loss
- Vitamin deficiency