Hair Systems Service & Care
Make your hair system last longer with good care. Find everything you need about your non-surgical hair replacement system, from showering to sleeping. Hair system service care and maintenance guide; Your system, wig, or hairpiece lasts longer with the help of professional hair systems services. Learn proper hair systems cleaning & styling. How to shower with your hair replacement system?
Taking proper care and service of your hair system will last longer. Cleaning & styling with hair system care products recommended by your hair replacement expert will also extend the hair’s life.
Note that a new system will shed some hair in the first month. But it’s not a cause for concern unless lots of hair fall out. Your hair system provider should address the problem of immediate extensive hair fallout.
Hair Systems Service
Schedule a monthly Hair Systems Service with a specialist. Non-surgical hair replacement systems come in many different forms and different hair composites. Therefore, each hair addition may require unique attachment and cleaning preparation, including scalp cleansing. With proper scheduled hair system care with your hair replacement technician, you achieve the following:
- Prevent hair loss in your hair system
- Avoid hair from detangling.
- Keep hair color matching your hair.
- Remove bacteria built up.
*Photos Nu Hair & our Transitions members’ hair restoration results of nonsurgical hair replacement, wigs, and laser hair growth therapy.
How Often Should You Wash a Hair System? You have a semi-permanent attachment and sleep with your new nonsurgical hair replacement. Of course, you want the hair system to last as long as possible. How often should you wash a hair system? How to shower even with the hair system on your head?
Please read our guide to cleaning and conditioning your nonsurgical hair replacement.
Good Hair Systems Care
Hair systems care starts with washing the system; Whether you are a daily wearer or keep your hair system for an extended time, the adhesive residues will gradually build up on your unit and hair.
- On average, you should wash the system’s hair once to twice weekly. The system’s hair does not get the natural oils from your scalp. To prevent hair dryness, once or twice a week is sufficient.
- Avoid rubbing the hair while shampooing. Gently move the shampoo smoothly through the hair and in one direction.
- Rinse with warm water, not hot. Mild water temperature keeps moisture in the hair and prevents the attachment adhesive from breaking down.
- A “wet brush” or a wide-tooth comb helps spread conditioner and detangle the hair.
- Use a towel and pat down to lift any access water to dry the hair system.
- If needed, use a hairdryer only in a cool heat setting.
System Remove & Clean
How to remove and clean your hair system?
- To remove your hair system, place your thumbnail under the hairpiece.
- Peel the tape and your system off your head gently. If the tape or bonding adhesive is still firm on the scalp, use alcohol or adhesive remover to loosen the bond.
- Remove the tape from your hairpiece. Use your fingernail to scrape up the tape’s edge to start the peeling and any adhesive residue left on the hair system.
- Use only recommended hair system products.
- Add mild shampoo to a bowl filled with water. Use warm or cold water, but not hot.
- Hold your hair system from the front of the base forehead area.
- Immerse the hair system & gently agitate it in the water; pat softly but do not rub.
- Gently move the shampoo smoothly through the hair and in one direction from roots to hair ends. Never rub in a circular motion.
- Rinse in freshwater.
- Add good conditioner; use fingers, a “wet brush,” or a wide-tooth comb to spread conditioner and detangle the hair.
- Always use movement from roots to hair ends.
- Rinse in cold water without rubbing the hair roots.
- Dry out as much water as you can with a towel gently and do not rub, wring, or squeeze the hair.
Clean Your Scalp
How to clean your scalp after removing the system? If you take your hair system off daily or after a few days:
- After removing your hair system, removes all visible traces of adhesive residue from your scalp with a wet paper towel or cloth.
- Apply adhesive remover on a clean cotton ball and rub vigorously until your scalp clears of any residue.
- Shampoo & rinse thoroughly.
- Dry your scalp and hair with a towel.
- Apply a quick spray of 99% alcohol to your scalp skin.
Styling Hair Replacement
- Treat your hair system with gentle care.
- Brush the hair system gently.
- To detangle, use water spray and brush from the hair tips, section by section, to free tangles. .
- Air dry if possible.
- Do not use a dryer with a hot temperature setting.
- Avoid strong holding spray, which is difficult to remove.
- Avoid wetting your hair after the adhesive application of reattachment for 24 hours to bond correctly. Also, avoid saunas and steam rooms.
- Use hair products with UV protection in sunny areas and prevent color fade.
Dallas Hair Systems Service Care
For the best hair system care, use the services of hair replacement or wig specialists. You will have the assurance of a clean scalp & hair and a more reliable, longer-lasting hair attachment. Request that your hair systems service include coloring monthly to match the person’s hair & prevent off-color screaming “toupee.”
Depending on the care, lifestyle, and system quality, a hair system can last anywhere from 2 to 12 months. You may want a second hair replacement system to alternate between wear. It will give you time to do deep conditioning and hair coloring updates, always looking your best.
Use our hair systems service to look your best. Nu Hair of Texas center is in North Dallas, near Dallas Tollway, Preston Rd and 635 Freeway, close to Addison, and minutes away from Allen, Arlington, Frisco, Garland, McKinney, Richardson, Plano, Texas area. Our hair replacement salon is centrally located and only 30 minutes drive from Southlake & Fort Worth. Discover easy ways to regain your beautiful hair and tips to optimize your hairstyle.